Friday, July 5, 2013

Trying to Conceive is Torture!

Jay had his surgery and he healed really quickly. I started charting which involves me waking up at the butt crack of dawn to take my temperature with a crazy special thermometer. So I take my temp super early and put it into my little app for that day and go back to sleep. There are a few other signs I have to observe while waiting for ovulation and then once ovulation occurs, we sit around and wait to find out if we were able to "catch the egg". 

Well according to my chart, I ovulated on June 24th and I'm 11 day past ovulation (dpo). I've taken a pregnancy test (a cheap internet strip test called a Wondfo) every day since 8 dpo and they've ALL been negative. Yesterday afternoon, Jay, a few of my friends, and I THOUGHT we saw a little hint of a line but this morning that was contradicted with a blatantly obvious NEGATIVE on a First Response Early Response (FRER). It's really frustrating because lots of women can get early positives around 8 dpo to 12 dpo. I've never tracked my cycle like this before so I have no idea if my pregnancy tests for Jayson and Elijah were early or after I was late. I should be expecting my wonderful Aunt Flo to visit sometime between Monday and Wednesday so I wish I had the self control to just WAIT until then. 

Wanting to be pregnant is so much more difficult than missing your period and going "Oh I might be pregnant." Even only one cycle in and I would much rather go back to being ignorant of the process. I wish I could just not think about it and TTC then when I miss my period, test like a normal person who might be pregnant instead of watching my calendar go soooo slowly. Testing in the morning to see if there is a tiny faint line on these cheap test just to be disappointed or delusional. 

TTC really brings out the crazy in a person. I really hope that this cycle is just my lesson on TTC & Charting and things go much differently next cycle. 

With all the negative tests and crazy over-analysis of my chart, I'm fairly certain this just isn't our cycle. Which is Okay! The first month after a reversal isn't usually the month that it happens so I have to remember that we have 1.5 more months until things are supposed to get back to normal with in Jay so I shouldn't be so disappointed. It's just so hard not to be. And all those pregnant chicks that I'm friends with make me want to scream. Mostly the ones that I know get pregnant so easily. Ugh! Let it be MY turn! 

Here's my chart in case any of you wanted to see it.  Traci's Chart

I'll update you guys next week on whether or not Aunt Flo drops by or not.

Until Next Time,
Traci

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I was just charting regularly and calculating my ovulation dates based on average length of my cycle, but 2 months ago I started with the thermometer and ovulation test strips. Turns out, I'm ovulating a couple days earlier than what the "estimated cycle length" was giving me. The most important thing I've learned Traci, is to pay attention to your body. It will tell you better than any test or strip.
    I've also been pregnancy testing early as heck every month for like 3 months! Last month my period was 5 DAYS LATE! I was so psyched, and then I got a negative test, my period started the next day. :( I get the same highs and lows out of the process as you do (referring to your next post...)
    It was so easy when we either weren't paying attention, or not as concerned, not trying as hard, etc. And now it's just crazy stressful that we're trying to force it!
    Eric and I have no conception issues, no surgeries have been reversed, so we aren't facing any of the extras you guys may be, and we're still on month 7 TTC with no luck. It will take time!
    All I can say is, be patient, diligent, and persistent. The time will come when it's right for you.
    Good luck and I look forward to hearing more!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. حوامل

    ReplyDelete