Thursday, July 18, 2013

Emotional Free-Style



So here I am wondering what the subject for this blog should be. I think that I’m going to just free style the whole thing, so if I tend to ramble, please forgive me.


The last couple weeks have been both a physical and emotional roller-coaster…to say the least. Let’s start at the beginning. Last week I go in for a semen analysis, and guess what…they jacked it up. Turns out the nurse who put the order in only put me in for a sperm count. Now don’t get me wrong, at least the count let us know that all my hoses are connected and allowing sperm through. The only thing is…we can’t tell how healthy they are without a full analysis. So at this point, I need a full work up, but the individuals I spoke with said that they don’t do those on fort Huachuca. Well that ended up being a crock, and do you know who ended up hooking it all up, a private second class in the army…not a nurse or a doctor, so PV2 So and So, I thank you. Then I go in for the full work up, and let me get this out there real quick…some may think that all of this “providing a specimen” may be cool for a guy, but it’s not. It’s one of those things where if you’re being put on the spot and being told you HAVE to do it, it has no appeal. So I get the full work up done, and guess what…my numbers SUCK! Now the cool thing about Traci is, if she thinks something got jacked up, she’ll do what she can to prove it. Now at this point, if you would like to read the details about the arguments and whatnot that took place, feel free to read Traci’s post discussing it, I will fast forward to her pure awesomeness. She decides we should do our own scope. So once again I provide the “study material”, and she puts her lab coat on and gets to work. She of course sees swimmers right away…and a BUNCH of them. The last count I had received was 5 million, where 20 is the minimum norm. She goes through the process to do her own count, and you know what she gets? 52 million (approx). So automatically she believes that someone at the lab screwed up a decimal point. 


Needless to say, I’ve had my fill of the medical staff here. From nurses who can’t relay a simple message, to doctors that don’t know their ass from their elbow, and ESPECIALLY this case manager lady who doesn’t seem to want me to seek out the medical I need. I know Traci feels more strongly about all this than me, and I’m sorry for turning this into a venting session, but its how I feel at this very moment. 


So now we are waiting to go to Tucson to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist guy who is willing to actually help us out a little. We are excited, and hope that things continue to move in a positive direction. If they don’t I feel that me and Traci (sorry hun, I meant Traci and I) will just have to crack some skulls. Metaphorically of course.

til next time,

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment