Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cycle 1 is over... On to Cycle 2!

Today marks day one of cycle 2 in our TTC journey. While it is disappointing to not end up pregnant right away, it really was only our first try. The average pregnancy after vasectomy reversal takes approximately a year to achieve. There are successes that occur before the year mark but the average is a year. I've met women who get pregnant right away and I've met woman who are still trying 1-3 years later. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There is no guarantee that it will result in pregnancy even if the surgery is a success.

Yesterday, I scheduled my appointment to talk with my PCM about a possible referral to a Gynecologist office. I don't necessarily believe that I have fertility issues but with our decreased chances just because of the VR, I'd like to make sure that we aren't trying when we should be seeking help. I know most doctors what patients to try for a year, but most patients are normal people with no signs of fertility issues. If we already know for a fact that we have a lower chance, we should check to make sure our chances aren't even lower because of me. Many women who are trying to conceive with a spouse that has had a VR have gotten their fertility checked well before a year of trying to conceive.

On another note, Jay had his first follow up after his surgery today. They are doing some lab work on him and we should know by the end of the day what we're working with, at least for the time being. Fortunately this is just going to be our starting levels. A man's levels can always increase or decrease so we're going to do everything we can to increase his levels and health while we're trying to conceive. He started a supplement package about a week ago and hopefully they are beneficial. We'll know more once 2-3 months have passed and we can see if there is a change in his levels and lab work.

I am also looking into supplements and vitamins for myself. I haven't decided on any specifically yet because we don't even know if there is an issue with me. Though if anyone out there in the large world wide web has some suggestions on supplements or vitamins I should increase or start taking, I'd love the advice. I am currently on a prenatal and a prenatal supplement with calcium and folic acid.

Hopefully the end of this cycle in about 28-30 days, we'll have exciting news of a new addition. Or, maybe we won't. It's all in God's hands and we will pray his plans are shown to us soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment