Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Optimism & Dreams

Last week, after the horrible fiasco with Jay's nurse and doctor, he eventually got the semen analysis(SA) scheduled for this week. It only took multiple calls to the clinic explaining that the VR surgeon actually requested the SA and a call to the surgeon to let him know we were having issues with the clinic down here. By the time the surgeon called back, the clinic had fixed their mistake but Jay still informed Dr. Anderson of the troubles he had and Dr. Anderson was very helpful and let Jay know that if he ran into any more trouble to not hesitate to call him. I already love his surgeon! Amazing, awesome doctor who PERSONALLY called my husband back. Those types of doctors are hard to find and are especially rare in the military. So a HUGE thank you to him!!

Well, today was the scheduled SA. The lab here does them only on Tuesdays. It's funny because Jay's PCM told him that the lab here doesn't do them at all. Weird huh? Why would his PCM tell us that they don't do them here when clearly they do? Seems shady. The more we try to work with the clinics here the more I can't wait to get somewhere else a little bit more fertility friendly. C'mon Hawaii or where ever the Army wants to send us after WOBC!! Well, Jay went into the lab this morning and dropped off his sample. They told him they'd have the results late this morning (prior to lunch) or early this afternoon. Jay said he'll start making phone calls around 11am to see if the results are in. At least we'll get them today!! YAY! I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait three plus hours to find out the results but I guess I'll find a way! 

On another note, I found out yesterday a friend (whom I've become very close to over the past few months) got her BFP (big fat positive) and I'm soooo excited for her and her family!! I wish it were me and I'm slightly envious but hopefully I'll get mine this cycle and we'll have our babies close together. Well because of the supplement I took at the beginning of this cycle and hearing about her BFP, I had a dream last night. In my dream, Jay and I found out I was pregnant. I took the pregnancy test very early but it was still a very dark line so we immediately assumed twins. Here's where the dream turns unrealistic but still fun... Jay and I did a home ultrasound (not possible, those things are thousands of dollars) and we see two sacs. We start stressing about whether or not we need to see a doctor immediately since I'm pregnant with twins. Even though I woke up during the anxiety and stressing portion of the dream, I can't help but feel optimistic today. With Jayson, I had a dream at like 2-3 months that I was having a boy and I had a boy! Not that I feel as if I have a gift of seeing the future in my dreams but it gives me optimism that my body knows that we'll be pregnant soon. Maybe we'll have twins, maybe we won't but I'm very optimistic about this cycle and possibly the next. The only thing that could "kill" this optimism and happiness I have today would be for the results to come back with bad numbers. 

I suppose I'll know no later than this afternoon if we have a chance to have a baby (or babies) this cycle. So exciting and stressful! I guess I'll have to update you later about what we hear!!

Update ya later!
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment