Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Let the FUN Begin!

Today marks one week post surgery. Everything seems to be healing nicely. Jay says he hardly notices it and that it's almost completely healed. The doctor recommended we wait two to three weeks before trying to conceive and so far we've made it a week. The doctor did say for Jay to pay attention to his body and his pain levels because it will be the first to tell him if he's pushing himself too hard or if he's ready. Hopefully, we can try this cycle but we'll see. We have about a week long window to try to get pregnant and it begins before his two weeks are up so hopefully he's feeling up to it sooner than later. If we get pregnant this month, I'd be due late March or early April and would have the baby here in Arizona. 

I did contact Sacred Healing Arts in Hawaii. They seem to be the only office that has home birth midwives in all of Oahu. I told them our circumstance and asked if they aid in home births after c-sections (HBACs). They emailed me back saying that they did do HBACs and would like to do a phone interview with me. I'm not sure if I should "waste" their time just yet as I don't even know if I'll be having a baby out there. I was just emailing them to see if they were even an option because if not I'd probably have to fly someone in to assist me. I do have someone in mind but I don't think they thought I was serious. So if you're reading this... I'm as serious as a heart attack! I don't want to go through another c-section unless it is absolutely medically necessary and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to avoid it until that point. 

Of course once they know my history, they'll be better able to tell me if they would be able to assist me through an HBAC but since I've done so much research and spoken with other midwives, I don't believe there is a reason for me not to attempt an HBAC. 

As I start realizing that pregnancy is becoming closer to a reality, I'm day dreaming of baby furniture and cloth diapers. Would it be too early to start a registry? I suppose I could always change my mind about things I want and it's not set in stone on the registry. Plus knowing what I was having might change a few things but I'm just so excited and want something to occupy my time that isn't just all about trying to conceive. We've thought of names for both boys and girls. We've discussed the fact that we want to cloth diaper, and breast feed. We're discussing our options for co-sleeping and different cradles, pack n plays or bassinets for the baby to have available to him in our bedroom besides the crib in the nursery.  I don't want to jinx anything by purchasing anything just yet but I'm so anxious to do so. I thought maybe a registry would help ease my shopping desires. What do you think? Set up a registry or not yet? 

Until next time,
<3 Traci

3 comments:

  1. The best of luck to the two of you. Had no idea you were trying to have another baby. I really hope your dreams come true

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see the harm in starting a wish list or registry. How long do stores keep those lists anyway? I know amazon has a wish list area. I'm so excited for you guys!! I think I would be the same. Wanting to look at baby stuff, buy baby stuff etc. I think you should. Why not? It would allow you to look at everything and change your mind if you want something different and possibly keep you from buying things too soon. Wish you guys the best of luck!
    ~Amanda M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd make a wish list, and then make it into a registry later. :)

    ReplyDelete