Tuesday, June 11, 2013

And on to Step Two!!

(8:21 am 11 June 2013) This morning at 6 am, Jay went in to Madigan Army Medical Center for his vasectomy reversal. Sadly, I'm still in Arizona and I'm not really sure what time he went into surgery. He last posted saying he was going back around 7 am so hopefully he'll be done in the next few hours and I'll hear something from him. I'm thinking I probably will not hear from him until noon or later. I'm anxiously waiting to hear what the doctor tells him and if they think there is a change. Once they are in surgery, the doctors will have a better view of things and know whether or not things might function again. Even if the doctors see that things should heal fine, that doesn't necessarily mean that little guys will start swimming again. Fortunately we're young (ish) and he hasn't had the vasectomy for very long. The optimal time to do the reversal is in the first 3-4 years, which we're about to hit 4 years next February or March-ish time frame. So hopefully, everything turns out well and we can start trying to conceive in the next few weeks, depending on how long the say we have to wait. During my research I've heard the wait can be anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 weeks. I feel like I'm running out of things to say but I'm anxiously waiting to hear back from Jay.  I suppose since I don't feel as though I have enough to post, I'll save it until I hear from Jay.

(5:05 pm 11 June 2013) So Jay was finished with surgery around 1 pm and seemed to be fine. He was told everything went great and would hear from the doctors later. He sounded drowsy so our conversation was quick so he could get some more rest. He then called me again around 4:30 to let me know that the doctor had come in to talk to him. The doctor said everything went as planned and that we can start trying in about 2-3 weeks as long as he was feeling better and was up for it. He will have an analysis done in 3 months to make sure everything is a go, we might know sooner than that though! Hehe. I'm already wishing I could run out and buy a bunch of new baby stuff. I'm going to be dreaming of baby names, cloth diapers and nursery furniture. I've started looking for midwives in this area and in Hawaii. I've counted due dates based on when we might get pregnant. If you can't tell, I'm very very excited to finally have some control over our situation. Now we just wait for him to heal up and we'll be officially TTC (trying to conceive)!!

<3 Traci

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I'm super excited for you guys!! I wish we could do the same thing but Jarrod won't. Oh well. I'll live vicariously through you. LOL I'm glad it all went well and I hope the next steps work out for you!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete