Monday, June 10, 2013

Almost done with Step one!

After my state of panic was over, Jay and I figured it all out. My mother bought the flight to Seattle and Jay figured out all the rest. I booked his rental car and his hotel. His flight left yesterday at 3:35pm and arrived in Seattle at 10:50pm. He got his car and found his hotel. I'm not sure if he did all this with out a problem but he did get there. Today he'll have his pre-op appointment followed by his surgery tomorrow. They will keep him in the hospital over night since he's on his own and he'll fly out on Thursday.

I'm so excited and we don't even know if the surgery will be a success or not. Even if it is, that doesn't mean that we will be able to get pregnant right away, or at all for that matter. I'm not trying to be negative, just trying to be realistic and know that there are several different factors that stand between us and the desired outcome. As much as I'd love to start scooping up baby stuff as soon as possible. I'm trying to be logical and realistic about it. The excitement of it all has me itching to shop and day dream about nurseries, names and cloth diapers! Despite my attempts at being logical and realistic, yesterday morning before Jay's flight, we sat and discussed various baby names. We talked about what we liked and what we didn't like. It's so hard to keep from day dreaming that I suppose discussions is all I have to quench my thirst at this point. I know everything is one step at a time but it's so much more fun to look ahead and plan that next step while waiting anxiously for the current step to be completed! I guess only time will tell and as things progress I'll keep everyone updated on our journey.




No comments:

Post a Comment