Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sunshine on a Rainy Day


We can all only imagine what a family goes through in tough times. Some are more severe than others, but regardless of the situation, we try and be there for all parties involved. We listen to stories, try and give our “expert” advice, and just do anything we can to support where we can. A big way people have supported Traci and I has been reading this blog and continually making sure we’re doing well, and encouraging us to keep trucking on, even when things look grim.

If you have been following us recently, you know that we have ran into numerous road blocks on our journey to extend our family. Everything from referrals getting screwed up, to finding out some options aren’t feasible for our family, to thinking that this ultimately will not happen. Well let me just say that the Lord works in mysterious ways.

A couple weeks ago, it seemed like this whole thing really wasn’t going to happen. Traci and I were eating at Chilis discussing what we should try and do next. As the conversation drew to a close, we decided that we would put a time limit on how long we would continue trying to find ways to make this all work. Once that was decided, I became very fearful that another child just may not be in the cards. And I really was quite sad about it all.

Then Traci, in her infinite wisdom, suggested that I approach patient advocacy about the referrals getting messed up. And guess what. As usual, her idea played out in our favor! My referral was overruled and switched to Madigan Army Hospital. So now I am on a wait list and anxiously waiting for that phone call to come in. I am now feeling like we finally have a foot in the door. Traci and I even discussed what I would do if I got a call to have the procedure during our trip to Vegas. Well, needless to say we both agreed that this is a once in a blue moon type opportunity and we can plan another Vegas trip to include myself sometime down the road.

So we’re in it to win it now folks and I cannot thank you enough for the continued support. Please keep reading and commenting, because it means the world to our family.

 Til Next Time,

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment