Friday, May 23, 2014

From Arizona to Hawaii and Everything in between!

The move went smoothly, comparatively to how it could have gone. Our stuff made it with minimal damage. We went to Disney World during our PCS leave and it was AWESOME! Until the night before we were supposed to leave, well for me anyway. I started having some strange pains in my abdomen and by two in the morning, was in so much pain I could barely sleep. I went to the ER and found out that my appendix was blocked and needed removed. I had an emergency appendectomy at about 4pm the day we were supposed to fly out. We got our flights changed and managed to fly out the following day. The travels from Orlando to San Diego are blurry. I was 1 day post-op, drugged up on pain meds, being shuttled around in a wheel chair. I remember sleeping a lot and that's about it. We made it to Hawaii and have been enjoying it a lot!

We moved into our house a week ago and it's gorgeous! I love it and I can't wait until it's completely decorated the way I want. We're slowly getting it into shape. I've posted lots of pictures on facebook and plan on posting more as it gets unpacked and situated.

On May 14th, I began cycle 12 since starting this journey to become pregnant. I'm 9 days in and we decided that since we have our house, we should start trying again. It's been a long break with some stress in there but it's nice to be trying again. We tried a little since my last update but with no luck and mostly not actively trying and not actively preventing. Hopefully if we don't get pregnant in the next couple of months, we can discuss our options with our doctors to see what our next plan of action is here in Hawaii. I saw my doctor two weeks ago and she said that the IVF wait list is about a year and half long. That's a long time to wait but I am starting to think maybe we should get on the list now and see if we can get pregnant on our own in the mean time. Maybe it's time to speak with my doctor again.

So, here we are... Trying to conceive again. Hopefully I don't get spun up in the stress again. I haven't been temping or using my OvaCue, which has helped keep the stress down but we're just beginning so we'll see how well that works out.


Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment