Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Clomid Side Effects

I am five days into my cycle and only three days into my five day prescription of clomid. I am already feeling side effects. Yesterday it started with just the crazed hormones. I'm not as patient as I usually am with the boys which results in a lot of yelling and frustrated corrections to them. Poor kiddos. Then last night I had a nose bleed which was weird. Then it happened again this morning. I think it has a lot to do with the hot flashes. So far I have hot flashes and craze hormonal mood swings. Let's hope they subside when I stop taking the medication! The kids are praying, I'm sure!

I just have to keep reminding myself that this is all for a greater cause. I just pray that these side effects are because my ovaries are producing a couple eggs so that we have a higher chance of success! Any suggestions or comments are welcome! I'd love to hear about other people's success stories or their process through clomid, IUI or both!

Until next time!

6 comments:

  1. If it is only an u/s, ask your RE if you can get it locally. I am the local person that posted to FF. I can tell you the details if he will approve it. A lot of REs want the money so they will not approve it.

    Did you take the clomid at night? Typically you sleep thru the s/e's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The U/S is to see if I'm ready to ovulate and if so I think they'll have me trigger. I don't even know where I'd go for a u/s locally. We don't even have a RE in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your RE is in Tucson, right? I went to Sierra Vista Diagnostics. If your REs approves, it will save the drive to Tucson. Let me know and I will tell you who to see and how to get a "quick" appt. I assume they are open on Tues but likely 1/2 day? You could also get the u/s on Mon and your RE could predict (a day or 2) when to trigger. Are they doing any blood work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure. My RE is very bad about not giving details. Before my last appointment, I asked them what my appointment would entail and I was told that it'd be an appointment to discuss the IVF and give me a prescription for the meds. I got there the next day and they needed an ultrasound done also. I'm never sure what to expect. I guess I could expect blood work also, not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The less he tells you the less you know...the less questions you will ask ...the quicker the appt. Sorry but this is actually the "norm" in the fertility/medical world. I have used about 10 different REs...and had to "get smart" on my own. They are pretty much the same. Did they do bw on that appt as a baseline? It is not important (if he did not).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, I ask questions. It feels like they just purposely don't answer them fully. I literally asked the RNP what the appointment would entail on the phone the day before and she didn't include ultrasound in what she told me. I did not get bloodwork done but I have had it done previous cycles. They did a lot of bloodwork, ultrasounds and just "monitoring" from July to September before we gave up to decide what we wanted to do from there.

    ReplyDelete