Wednesday, February 27, 2013

And it began...

February 18th, 2013, was going like most of the recent days. I was on TDY in Washington D.C.. and it was the time of the day where I was working out at the gym.  I was in the middle of my workout when my wife, Traci, send me a message via facebook. I looked at my phone and she had asked my thoughts on adoption. At this point, I had only ever thought of it sporadically, and it was never for very long. I didn't really know what to say. More recently, I had thought more of the possibility of us having another child together. We had hit a rough spot in our marriage the last November, and when things started getting better, we had discussed this possibility. We both agreed that it would be in everyone's best interest if we waited until we were in a better place in our marriage before seriously discussing our options. As time went on, through counseling, through open communication, and through everything, I felt like we were at a place where I could ask my next question."what about getting pregnant?"  After this was asked, it's been a nonstop, full throttle quest for information. Everything from vasectomy reversals to home birthing. I know this has been somewhat short, but this is where I feel the story really began, and I truly feel like it is bringing me and my wife closer together. We are a united front. This is all starting to become very real to me, and I'm so excited for this journey.

Looking Forward to the Future,

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment